The school enjoys good working relationships with a wide range of people who provide services to children with SEND and their families, particularly when a child is demonstrating further cause for concern or their learning need is more complex and persistent.
The external specialists may:
- Act in an advisory capacity
- Extend expertise of school staff
- Provide additional assessment
- Support a child directly
- Suggest statutory assessment is advisable
- Consult with all parties involved with the child
At Oxclose Nursery School we actively seek the involvement of parents and carers and other bodies to educate and meet the needs of children with SEN including external agencies and initiatives. The professionals within these agencies offer a wealth of knowledge and expertise for us to draw upon and ensure we meet the needs of all SEND children, no matter how complex.
Each year, children with SEND attend our school and we continually strive to cater for their unique needs and ensure they develop a range of skills during their time with us. As a result we have built relationships with a large network of external agencies to consult with and offer support to children and staff respectively. Below is a list of the different types of agencies we work with regularly.
- Durham SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Behaviour Support Services
- Central Durham Child and Adolescent Mental Health Service (CAHMS)
- Learning Library – Resource Centre
- Makaton Website
- Durham Movement Difficulties Service
- National Autistic Society
- Occupational Health Service
- One Point Children’s Service
- Paediatric Team – Bishop Auckland Hospital
- Parent Partnership
- Physiotherapy Service
- Portage Worker
- RVI- Newcastle
- Educational Psychology Service
- School Nurse Service
- Specialist Health Visitor
- Speech and Language Therapists
- The Service for the Hearing Impaired
- The Service for the Visually Impaired
If you would like to discuss your SEND requirements in detail please contact the school to arrange an appointment.